PILES IN PREGNANCY
No one talks about them, but hemorrhoids/ piles are fact of life for many people, especially during and after pregnancy. Piles are simple veins inside and outside your anus which get swollen along with overlying tissue. Almost 50% of female suffer from piles during pregnancy. They mostly develop in third trimester or after delivery.
Common symptoms of piles
- Itching in the anal region.
- Per rectal bleed during passing stool.
- Painful bowel movement
- Burning sensation.
- Mass protrusion from anal canal during passing stool which may go back by itself or to be reduced manually.
Causes of piles during pregnancy
- Hormone changes during pregnancy make blood vessel wall weak.
- Increased blood volume also leads to large blood vessel.
- Increased intraabdominal pressure due to increased size of uterus leads pressure on veins in anal canal.
Simple measures one can take to avoid piles during pregnancy
- Avoid constipation- constipation is having major role in developing piles, so one should take appropriate measures to avoid constipation. For that include high fiber diet in your meal- salad, green vegetables, fruits, whole grain flour. Avoid low fiber content diet like red meat, white bread, refined food, preserved food, caffeinated drinks etc. over and above have plenty of fluid in take.
- Avoid long standing or sitting.
- Do regular exercise.
- Avoid straining while having bowel movement.
- Don’t sit in toilet for longer period.
- As soon as you feel urge to defecate go to washroom don’t hold or delay.
In most of the cases piles disappear by itself after delivery because your hormone, intraabdominal pressure, and blood volume decrease. If it persist and trouble you despite of lifestyle modification, consult doctor because untreated piles may increase your discomfort in later stages and persistent bleeding cause anemia. Most important during pregnancy talk to your doctor before taking any medication including the ointment you apply to skin. This will ensure treatment do not pose a risk to your baby.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 9646764444
EMAIL US: email@example.com
AROGYAM PILES CLINIC AND RESEARCH CENTER
2ND FLOOR ABOVE LONGIA SWEET SHOP, CHANDIGARH KHARAR HIGHWAY, DESUMAJRA SECTOR 125, GREATER MOHALI, PUNJAB